1. CONFIRMATION and ASSIGNMENT of FUNCTION SPACE: The function space assigned on the banquet event order, indicates the space that is tentatively being held and will be held on a definite basis upon signing of this EO by both parties. The terms and conditions of any group sales or catering sales agreement previously signed regarding this event remain in force and this EO is intended to provide specific function/event information in support of the original agreement. If for any reason the function space reserved is not available for your event, you agree that we may substitute space of appropriate size and comparable quality for your event. If you plan to print or publish the assigned space, please contact us first to confirm the room assignment.
2. GUARANTEE OF CHARGES: Ten (10) working days prior to all food functions, the Hotel requires the customer to submit an expected number of guests for each scheduled event. The expected number of guests cannot be reduced by more than 10% at the time the Hotel receives the guaranteed number of guests. The guaranteed number of guests for all food functions must be submitted to the Catering Department by Noon, three (3) business days prior to the event date. The guarantee cannot be reduced after this time. If no guarantee is received, the expected number of guests will be the basis for billing purposes. Group will be charged the guaranteed attendance, or the number of guests served, whichever is greater. The guarantee becomes the minimum number of guests used in calculating the amount to be charged and the maximum number for food preparation. On plated Food and Beverage functions, the Hotel will set seating for 5% over the guarantee for all group events under 500 guests and 3% for all events over 500 guests.
3. LABOR CHARGE: If the guaranteed number for your event is less than 25 persons, we will add a $250.00 labor charge to your account. This will be used to cover our costs of the event and will not be distributed as a service charge or gratuity to our employees working at your event.
4. OVERTIME: You agree to begin your event promptly at the scheduled start time and agree to have your guests; invitees and other persons vacate the designated event space at the end time indicated on the final BEO. You further agree to reimburse us for any overtime wage payments or other expense incurred by us because of your failure to comply with these regulations.
5. GRATUITY: 15.50% (or the current gratuity percentage in effect on the day of the Event) of the food and beverage total, plus any applicable state and/or local taxes, will be added to your account as a gratuity and fully distributed to Hotel Employees, and where applicable, bussers and/or bartenders assigned to the Event
6. SERVICE CHARGE: 9.50% (or the current service charge percentage in effect on the day of the Event) of the food and beverage total, plus any applicable state and/or local taxes, will be added to your account as a service charge. This service charge is not a gratuity and is the property of the Hotel to cover discretionary costs of the Event.
7. PRICE INCREASES: There may be increases in prices due to unforeseen changes in market conditions at the time of your event. We will communicate these increases to you in advance. We will require written confirmation that you agree to pay these increased prices. Alternatively, we, at our option, may in such event make reasonable substitutions in menus and you agree to accept such substitutions.
8. SET UP CHARGES. Should extensive meeting room set-ups or elaborate staging be required, there will be a set-up charge to cover Hotel costs and additional labor. If equipment is necessary that exceeds Hotel’s inventory, then you agree to pay for the cost of renting this additional equipment. You agree to indemnify us for any damage caused to any Hotel property as a result of drayage related to your event, whether caused by you, your agents, employees, or contractors.
9. OUTSIDE FOOD AND BEVERAGE: Due to state law, you may not bring into the Hotel alcoholic beverages. You must obtain prior approval from us before you bring in any food or non-alcoholic beverages from outside sources. A Hold Harmless agreement and Liability Insurance are required if food or beverage products not purchased and served by Hotel staff are brought in for consumption by your guests. Service fees will apply to any outside food or beverage served in our function space regardless if Hotel labor is required.
10. AUXILIARY AIDS: The Hotel represents and you acknowledge that the Hotel facilities being rented for you including guest rooms, common areas and transportation services will be in compliance with our public accommodation requirements under the Americans with Disabilities Act. You agree that you will furnish to us a list of any auxiliary aids needed by your attendees in meeting or function space at least two weeks prior to your event. You agree to pay all charges associated with the provision of such aids by the Hotel.
11. PROMOTIONAL CONSIDERATIONS: We have the right to review and approve any advertisements or promotional materials in connection with your function which specifically reference the Hilton name or logo. Hilton does not offer or accept any terms or conditions which provide commissions, rebates, HHonors points or other forms of compensation related to revenue for food, beverage, room or equipment rental.
12. CANCELLATION: You may cancel this Agreement only upon giving written notice to us. The parties agree and understand that in the event of a cancellation, our actual damages would be difficult to determine. Therefore, you agree to pay the liquidated damages outlined in your sales agreement, if any, or the guarantee amount as set forth in paragraph 2, whichever is greater. As products and services must be purchased and scheduled in advance, notification seven (7) business days or less before the event will require all charges (including labor and service fees, rentals and applicable taxes) for the final guarantee or contracted number of guests will be charged. Additional damages may be owed for cancellation of your sleeping room contract.
13. CONDUCT OF EVENT: Group agrees to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws including health and safety codes and federal anti-terrorism laws and regulations including compliance with the provisions of 29 CFR part 470, and our rules, copies of which are available from the hotel’s sales department. Group agrees to cooperate with Hotel and any relevant governmental authority to ensure compliance with such laws. You assume full responsibility for the conduct of all persons in attendance at your event and for any damage done to any part of our premises during the time of your event. Should you require any rigging services for this event, all such services must be arranged through the in-house AV provider or the Hotel and you will be responsible for all costs associated therewith.